Although the Government has allowed estate and letting agents to come back to work, we will be doing it safely and responsibly. We have a duty of care for the health and safety of our staff but also to you. With that in mind, we would like to bring your attention to our new way of working in line with the government guidance.
- We will qualify you as an applicant prior to any virtual viewing.
- We will send you video links of any properties that you are interested to view, so you can narrow down your search and cut back on unnecessary viewings.
- If you attend a viewing, the maximum number of people that can enter the property is two adults at a time. Please do not be offended if you are refused entry by exceeding this number.
- No children, under 18s, are allowed on viewings. It is for their safety and the safety of our staff and customers.
- Please respect the 2-metre social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Please do not be offended if we do not shake your hand, we want to, we just can not.
- Doors to be left open so there is no need to touch door handles etc.
- If you are viewing a property, the surfaces will be wiped down. Please do not touch them.
- If a property inspection is being carried out on your property, please wipe down all the surfaces in your property and keep the place as safe as possible for our staff.
- No more than 2 adults in the house with our staff at any time.
- No children are to be in the house at any time. It is for their safety as much as ours.
- We would appreciate if you have any PPE that you would wear them.
- As a bare minimum we expect you to have face mask or face covering and hand sanitizer.
- If you don’t have this basic PPE then you will not be allowed to view the property.
- Please contact the office as soon as possible and give us feedback on the property.
- We will be happy to discuss any queries with you during the appointment, adhering to the following:
- Using outside space, such as the Garden, if you don’t feel comfortable then:
- A room large enough to adhere to social distancing guidelines, if not then:
- We will phone you when we get back to the office to discuss any queries.
Tradespeople should follow the follow the government’s safer working guidance. Companies should ensure employees understand how to operate safely and communicate this to customers.
- Tradespeople should contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
- No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- Tradespeople should wash their hands on entering the property using separate towels of paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
- Tradespeople should seek to minimise contact with homeowners and remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Tradespeople should implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together where this is needed.
- Tradespeople should bring their own refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
- If you need keys for access then this will be prearranged and collection will be allowed in the foyer area of Dunham House only. You must not enter our office
For visitors to our offices
- There will be no access to our office
- Trades People; If you need keys for access then this will be prearranged and collection will be allowed in the foyer area of Dunham House only. You must not enter our office
In the office
- Upon arrival to work (or returning to office) please immediately wash your hands
- Maintain 2m distance from colleagues/visitors wherever possible
- Only one person to enter the kitchen at a time
- No more than three staff members to be in any office at one time
- Joint meetings will be held via Teams – if necessary
- If you or any of your household have symptoms you must stay at home for 14 days, you will be entitled to SSP (or you may be able to work from home.)
- Before leaving for the day wipe your desk, mouse, keyboard & phone etc with antibacterial wipe or use spray or use hot soapy water.
- After any interaction with a visitor or key handling etc immediately wash your hands or use antibac gel/wipe.
- Please wash up your own cup at the end of each day.
- Do not use another staff members computer, phone or pen
- Use paper towels after washing hands and dispose of carefully (or hand drier)
Out of the office
- PPE i.e. Disposable gloves, face masks and shoe covers are available for all staff.
- PPE should be worn on all viewings and market appraisals.
- Do not take your shoes off, wear shoe covers instead.
- Make sure you arrive at any viewing early so that you can ensure that the property is not occupied/ or the occupants are within the rooms
- Whilst we will provide shoe covers and hand wipes for viewers and will take all reasonable steps to ensure their safety viewers do so at their own risk.
- Viewers should be wearing a face covering, you may refuse to show them around the property if they do not comply with our viewing policy.
- Do not shake hands, even if wearing gloves
- Maintain 2m distance wherever possible.
- Anti bac spray and/or wipes are available to wipe down any surfaces/door handles following a viewing.
- Use anti bac gel before getting back into the car
- Wash your hands immediately upon returning home/to the office
Thank you for your cooperation, let’s stay safe and do what we do best.